We are delighted to announce that our current Volunteer and Food Drive Coordinator is transitioning into a newly created position at Loaves & Fishes, opening up an opportunity for a new team member.
Job Title: Volunteer and Food Drive Coordinator
FLSA Status: Full time Exempt
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
Revision Date: September 4, 2018
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Volunteer and Food Drive Coordinator oversees the development and operations of the Loaves & Fishes Volunteer and Food Drive programs. Working in conjunction with all departments, the Coordinator is responsible for volunteer recruitment, retention, supervision, and recognition of volunteers to meet identified operational and program needs. This position will also mobilize and schedule resources to facilitate food drive events, developing relationships with businesses, faith-based organizations, schools and other entities.
- Identify, recruit and place volunteers as needed throughout Loaves & Fishes. Meet with staff and pantry coordinators to determine volunteer needs.
- Process volunteer requests and arrange for orientation and training with appropriate staff. Maintain volunteer contact information, job descriptions, schedules, hours, and other identified volunteer information. Respond promptly to volunteer inquiries and questions.
- Maintain the phone center schedule and act as backup in the phone center in the event of a volunteer shortage.
- Plan and execute the annual Volunteer Appreciation event and appropriate volunteer and food drive recognition throughout the year including a volunteer newsletter, thank you notes, certificates, etc.
- Serve as the primary contact for scheduling of delivery of food drive supplies and pickups. Maintain food drive contact information and schedule. Respond promptly to food drive inquiries.
- Serve as the lead in planning and executing large county-wide food drives such as Scouting for Food and the National Association of Letter Carriers.
- Serve as support to external constituents engaged in supporting Loaves & Fishes through small food drives.
- Through social media, promote and recognize volunteers and food drives, working with the Communications Manager to ensure consistent messaging.
- Provide support for special events and appeals as assigned.
- Serve as staff liaison to Board committees as assigned.
- Engage in continuous learning to increase skills and knowledge to fulfill the Loaves & Fishes’ mission and to stay informed of internal and external trends impacting the organization.
- Adheres to the Association of Fundraising Professionals Code of Ethics and Donor Bill of Rights.
- Attend staff meetings/trainings and other meetings as required.
- Represent the association as required by the Executive Director.
- Participate in and support Loaves & Fishes’ Fund Raising Efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous professional experience in the nonprofit sector with two or more years of volunteer management or fundraising experience.
- Experience with maintaining accurate records, coordinating schedules/calendars and creating and following administrative processes and procedures.
- Experience doing data entry and management with volunteer software, Raisers Edge or other complex database program or constituent relationship management sofrware.
- Strong organizational, social media and technology skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Dependable and punctual team player.
- High energy, positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and attention to detail; high degree of initiative and an ability to manage multiple tasks and projects at a time.
- Ability to work with sensitivity and without discrimination towards peoples of diverse cultures, races/ethnicity, socio-economic positions, ages, religions, genders, physical/mental challenges/disabilities, and sexual orientations.
- A passion for the mission of Loaves & Fishes is essential.
To apply, please use Volunteer Coordinator in the subject line and email a cover letter and resume to HR@loavesandfishes.org.
For a pdf of the Volunteer and Food Drive Coordinator job description