Loaves & Fishes values our many community partners collaborating with us to feed the hungry in our community.
- Charlotte CROP Hunger Walk – The mission of the Charlotte CROP Hunger Walk is to raise awareness and funds locally to fight hunger in the Charlotte community and around the world through the sponsorship of Church World Service. Twenty-five percent of the money raised supports three local agencies: Crisis Assistance Ministry, Loaves & Fishes and Second Harvest Food Bank. The remaining 75% supports poverty fighting projects in 80 countries sponsored by Church World Service.
- Mecklenburg County Council of the Boy Scouts of America – Since 1993, The Mecklenburg County Council of the Boy Scouts of America has partnered with Loaves & Fishes for Scouting for Food. In just the past five years alone, scouts in the Mecklenburg County Council have collected over one million pounds of food for Loaves & Fishes.
- ONE Charlotte Health Alliance – The ONE Charlotte Health Alliance (OCHA) was launched by Atrium Health and Novant Health, in partnership with Mecklenburg County Health Department to build upon the conversations around investments to address the community’s critical needs, specifically barriers to health care. Together, OCHA and Loaves & Fishes have brought two, first-of-its-kind mobile food pharmacies to Charlotte to provide access to nutritious fresh food in communities identified as “food deserts”.
- Second Harvest Food Bank: As our local food bank, Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina serves as a supplier for agencies such as Loaves & Fishes, local shelters and soup kitchens in a 21 county region in North and South Carolina. Over 35% of the food that we distribute, including fresh meats and produce, comes from our hunger fighting partners at Second Harvest Food Bank.
- Society of St. Andrew – The Society of St. Andrew (also known as The Gleaners) operates a statewide, volunteer-driven Gleaning Network that coordinates with local farmers, thousands of volunteers, and food providing agencies.
Loaves & Fishes works with Charlotte Mecklenburg Human Service Agencies, qualified ministries, local clergy, school counselors, and medical providers who screen and evaluate cases to make referrals for clients to our pantries.
Other Ways To Partner With Loaves & Fishes
Loaves & Fishes uses funds to purchase perishable food items such as eggs, fresh meat, cheese, yogurt and bread. Funds also help fuel the trucks delivering food to our network of pantries. There are many ways to donate either by making an individual donation or holding a fundraiser to collect much needed funds. Click here to donate.
- Food Drives – Organize a food drive at your work place, neighborhood or congregation. Food donations are needed year round to help keep pantry shelves stocked. Click here for step by step instructions on how to hold a food drive.
- Volunteer – The work of Loaves & Fishes depends on the work of nearly 4,000 volunteers! Individual and group opportunities are available. Click here for information on volunteering.